CYL Leadership Grant
CYL Leadership Grant
Quadro’s CYL Leadership Grant is in support of the Ontario Co-operative Young Leaders Program, developed by the Canadian Co-operative Association. The program offers a unique summer camp experience for youth ages 13 to 18. This series of week-long camps brings together young people from across Ontario to learn about and practice the International Co-operative Principles communication, and leadership, through games, team building and community projects. Each year, Quadro Communications, as a member of the Ontario Co-operative Association (OCA), provides worthy recipients a sponsorship to attend the leadership program.
Quadro’s commitment to the CYL Program:
Each year Quadro will commit to sending three (3) youth (age 13 – 18) to this program annually, paying the Sponsor Fees for the individuals as follows:
- First time applicant – 100% of sponsor fees.
- Second time applicant – 85% of sponsor fees.
- Third time applicant – 75% of sponsor fees.
Applications are to be received by 4:30 pm on March 31st for review. The successful candidates will be informed of their success, after the Quadro Board of Directors Meeting in April.
How to apply:
- Visit the OCA website page for details on the CYL program here: cyl.coop
- Prepare a letter, addressed to the Quadro Board of Directors, about why you’d like to attend the CYL Leadership Program.
- Ensure your letter is received in Quadro’s Kirkton office by the deadline (March 31).
- Successful applicants will be advised of their success after the Quadro Board of Directors meeting in April.
- The applicant must reside in the same house as a Quadro member.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 13 – 18 and complete their letter, submitted by the due date to be eligible.
About the 2022 CYL Leadership Program:
At this time the CYL program will once again be held at the Co-operative Education Centre, on the beautiful grounds of the Gay Lea Foods Co-operative Dairy Heritage Museum in Aylmer, Ontario. Below you will find the Sessions, Dates and Fees for this coming year.
|Facilitator Training Weekend||First time Facilitators June 4th (noon) – June 6th (Noon)
Returning Facilitators June 5th (8 am) – June 6th (Noon)
|Explorer Sessions (Ages 13 – 14)||July 24th to 29th, 2022 for Explorer A||$1,150 + HST per participant|
|July 31st – August 5th, 2022 for Explorer B
|Trailblazers Sessions (15 – 16)||July 17th – 22nd, 2022 for Trailblazer A||$1,150 + HST per participant|
|Visionaries (17 – 18)||July 9th – 15th, 2022||$1,150 +HST per participant|